Midland Animal Clinic in Midland, MI seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Midland Animal Clinic is a full service small animal clinic, located in the Michigan Great Lakes Bay Region and accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through both in-house testing and out-sourced external laboratories as well as Ultrasound and digital x-ray. We also work closely with specialty practices when advanced diagnostic procedures are required. The facility includes a well-stocked small animal pharmacy and an on-line store, separate in-hospital surgical and dental suites, digital x-ray capabilities full body and dental, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and weekend Urgent Care. All experience levels welcome. Part-time or full-time hours available.
More information at http://www.midlandanimalcl.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- AAHA accredited for nearly 50 years.
- Digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray systems.
- In-house laboratory capabilities including Idexx Catalyst amd ProCyte, urinalysis with sediments, Fe-leuk and other ELISA tests, and send out labwork to external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- In-house ECG’s run and interpreted.
- Oncura UltraSound for abdominal and echocardiogram surveys with telemetry to boarded radiologist
- Isofluorane/Sevofluorane anesthesia, ultrasonic dental equipment in separate dental suite.
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including EKG, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry.
- Complete pharmacy- large inventory of established pharmaceuticals and Chinese Herbals.
- Newest version of AVImark, we are a ‘paper-lite’ clinic.
- Weekend Urgent Care for emergencies.
- Good working relationship with local rescue groups
Located in the heart of Mid-Michigan, we are conveniently located to an array of things that add to quality of life while still calling ourselves a “small town” (population 40,000). We are half an hour away from the Saginaw Bay, which offers abundant water activities, including access to the Great Lakes. Midland offers many forms of indoor entertainment including the theater, symphony, Center for the Arts, Community Center and Soaring Eagle Casino. For shopping, Midland boasts a number of unique boutique shops in its recently re-done, quaint downtown area along with access shopping malls in the area. For outdoor enthusiasts, just minutes North offers hunting, fishing, boating, biking, horseback riding and country living. We also have several colleges in the area, including Northwood University, Saginaw Valley State University and Central Michigan University.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.