Parkview Animal Hospital in Warren, MI seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Parkview Animal Hospital is a well-established clinic that focuses on showing compassion for our patients and their owners, while providing high standards of care. We are looking for an associate to join our 8 veterinarians and dedicated staff. Experience is a plus, but not a requirement. The ideal candidate for this position is a doctor who is confident and caring, and has excellent client communication skills, the ability to work effectively with fellow team members, and is committed to providing the highest standards of care. No after-hours or on-call responsibilities! All experience levels welcome to apply. Part-time or Full-time hours available.
More information at http://www.parkviewanimalhospital.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- We are a busy 8-doctor practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care.
- Our hospital has 8 exam rooms and large treatment area.
- Our equipment includes:
- We collaborate with Dr. John Gumbs, DVM, Orthopedic Surgeon to perform surgeries in our hospital.
- Good working relationship with local specialists in the Metro Detroit Area, including BluePearl Veterinary Partners and Oakland Veterinary Referral Services.
- Although the majority of our practice is canine and feline medicine, we also offer some pocket pet medicine.
- We encourage and support the cultivation of doctors’ special veterinary interests.
- We are a team oriented hospital with our experienced doctors willing to share their knowledge and discuss cases.They are happy to assist when asked, while encouraging new associates’ independence.
Warren is the third largest city in Michigan and Metro Detroit's largest suburb. Surrounding cities, including Royal Oak, Ferndale, and Detroit offer a wide-variety of entertainment. Whether you have interests in sporting events, concerts, plays, museums, craft breweries, shopping etc., the metro Detroit area is sure to have something that would fit anyone’s interest. Lake St. Clair is a freshwater lake located about 10 miles East of Warren for those interested in boating, fishing, or swimming.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.